Do Green Buildings Foster Sustainable Behaviour?

Natalie Seaba Winnipeg November 04, 2005 10:18 AM

Hi,

Does anybody know of research that has examined whether or not green buildings foster sustainable behavior either within or outside of the building?

Thank you for your…

• Energy
    • Energy Efficient Buildings
11 Comments

Waste Diversion at Provincial Parks

Elizabeth Kenrick Pembroke November 01, 2005 02:07 PM

The Ottawa Valley Waste Recovery Centre is a recycling and composting facility working with Algonquin Provincial Park. We have implemented a recycling and composting program at…

• Waste Reduction
    • Composting
    • Recycling
1 Comment

Promoting Fuel Efficient Vehicles -- Strategies for Programs

Doug Manarin Vancouver October 31, 2005 08:13 PM

Is anyone aware of any studies/pilot programs that have been developed to encourage consumers to purchase and/or use more fuel efficient vehicles? What were the results of those…

• Transportation
    • Fuel Efficiency
7 Comments

Uncompensated Values that Farmers Provide Community

Christine Rasmussen October 30, 2005 07:38 PM

I am looking into ways of maintain dairy farms in New England and one of the points that I want to make with decision makers is that farms are important because they provide fresh…

7 Comments

Re: Computer Electricity Usage

greenupdate October 28, 2005 06:28 PM

How much energy is wasted by leaving my computer on overnight, (Given average wattage of a machine in sleep mode, you could answer this one.) David Whitehouse at Peterborough…

• Energy
    • Energy Efficient Equipment
1 Comment

Comparing Intervention with Control in Travel Behaviour Change Programs

Anna Strempel Brunswick October 26, 2005 10:23 PM

Hi,

I'm currently designing an evaluation brief for a travel behaviour change project at the local government (Council/County) level, based on CBSM principles. The project will…

1 Comment

The Next Blue Box????

rvanwyns October 26, 2005 08:24 PM

Dear List Members:

I am seeking your opinions and your ideas on what the next "Blue Box" could be for the sustainability movement. Is there another action that could…

• General
    • General Discussion
10 Comments

Identifying Barriers to Reducing Weed and Feed Use

Tom Bird Waterloo October 26, 2005 12:16 PM

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone knows of research that has examined barriers related to reducing weed and feed use. I am coordinating a pesticide reduction initiative for the…

• Agriculture
    • Pesticide Use
2 Comments

Information on Social Marketing Courses

Nguyen Trinh Hanoi October 26, 2005 06:19 AM

Dear Doug and everybody,

My name is Trinh Le Nguyen and am working as a leader of a small local nature conservation nonprofit in Vietnam called PanNature. I am writing to ask…

• General
    • Educational Resources
1 Comment

Backyard Burning

Bill Carter Austin October 25, 2005 01:40 PM

The USEPA devotes a significant website to backyard burning at http://www.epa.gov/epaoswer/non-hw/muncpl/backyard/ with links to several educational resources.

Bill Carter

1 Comment

Welcome, Guest

Not a member yet? Sign up in 30 seconds and add powerful tools that will help you engage in the CBSM community through additional features.