Economic Value of Retaining Local Trees

Sue Dempster Bedford November 14, 2005 08:09 PM

I am trying to find information/research on the short term or long term dollar value of retaining local trees along road reserves and Public Open Spaces (POS) within developments.…

• Agriculture
    • Native Plants
1 Comment

Articles on the Concept of Sustainability

Jennifer Walton Fort Collins November 11, 2005 06:07 PM

I'm writing a concept explication of sustainability. If you know of any good books/articles (beyond the obvious) that you think do a good job of explaining the concept, could you…

• General
    • Educational Resources
4 Comments

Re-Sale Value of Sustainable Buildings

Janelle Wallace Surry Hills (Sydney) November 10, 2005 09:45 PM

I am seeking research/data on the value of sustainable buildings around the following:

Where a commercial or residential building has been retrofitted, has this changed the…

• Energy
    • Green Buildings & Homes
5 Comments

Local Native Plants - Supply and Demand

Graeme Gibson November 09, 2005 06:43 AM

Hi

Part of a project we are working on aims to increase supply (by nurseries) and demand (by the public) of local native plants in a specific area. By local native we mean…

• Agriculture
    • Native Plants
7 Comments

Changing Residential Irrigation Behaviour

Andre Boerema Parramatta November 08, 2005 11:31 PM

Sydney Water (Australia) is reaching the final stages of developing a landscape assessment program whereby individual residential landscapes are assessed to determine their…

• Water
    • Lawn Watering
1 Comment

Pesticide Articles

Unknown November 07, 2005 09:16 PM

I just learned of two articles on pesticides via another listserv. Thought others might like to know of these as well: Keesling, Garland; Kaynama, Shohreh A.: An exploratory…

• Agriculture
    • Pesticide Use
0 Comments

Effectiveness of Prompts at Promoting Sustainable Behaviors?

Unknown November 06, 2005 02:34 PM

I am looking for information on the effectiveness of sticker prompts at promoting environmentally sustainable behaviors, such as recycling, energy and water conservation, waste…

• Waste Reduction
    • Reducing Consumption
  • Tools
    • Prompts
8 Comments

Responsible Dog-Handling in Wilderness Parks

Alain Godbout Halifax November 04, 2005 09:07 PM

Is anyone aware of effective programs to promote responsible dog-handling in wilderness parks? The key issues are willingness to keep dogs on leash and readiness to 'pick up'…

3 Comments

Intergrated Technologies for Harvesting Methane, Bio-fertilizer, Plant Biomass and Fish from Concentrated Animal Wastes

John Motloch Muncie November 04, 2005 12:15 PM

Can anyone identify projects in the US, preferably the Midwest, that have used ZERI-type integrated technologies that harvest methane, bio-fertilizer, plant biomass and fish from…

2 Comments

United Nations Decade on Education for Sustainable Development

prossi November 04, 2005 11:41 AM

The UN has declared 2005-2014 the Decade on Education for Sustainable Development. Global Vision is developing a global curriculum for the UN which will be completed in 2007. The…

• General
    • Educational Resources
0 Comments

Welcome, Guest

Not a member yet? Sign up in 30 seconds and add powerful tools that will help you engage in the CBSM community through additional features.