Arrange a Keynote
Increasingly, the above workshops are being combined with a follow-up day of program consultations. This day is usually divided into a series of 1.5 hour meetings in which Dr. McKenzie-Mohr meets with different project teams to discuss their initiatives. In advance of these meetings, he reviews each program to ensure that these meetings can be as productive as possible. These consultations can be provided along with a workshop or by themselves, and additional days can be organised, if required.Booking now for the Fall of 2020. Inquire about Doug’s availability
About Doug McKenzie-Mohr, Ph.D.
For over two decades Dr. McKenzie-Mohr has been working to incorporate scientific knowledge on behaviour change into the design and delivery of community programs. He is the founder of community-based social marketing and the author of three books on the topic. One of these books, “Fostering Sustainable Behavior: An Introduction to Community-Based Social Marketing,” has been recommended by Time Magazine and has become requisite reading for those who deliver programs to promote sustainable behaviour. He has delivered community-based social marketing workshops internationally for over 60,000 environmental program managers.
Dr. McKenzie-Mohr has worked internationally with a diverse array of governmental and non-governmental agencies, assisting them in identifying the barriers to behaviour change and in developing and evaluating community-based social marketing initiatives to overcome these barriers. He has served as an advisor for Canada’s public education efforts on climate change, as the coordinator of the international organisation, “Holis: The Society for a Sustainable Future,” and as a member of Canada’s National Round Table on the Environment and the Economy. In Australia he has advised on a large number of initiatives, including programs targeting waste reduction, transportation, water and energy efficiency, and conservation, among others.
His work has been featured in the New York Times and he has been awarded the Canadian Psychological Association’s “Psychologists for Social Responsibility Research and Social Action Award,” and the “Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues Public Advocacy Fellowship.” He is a former Professor of Psychology at St. Thomas University in New Brunswick, Canada where he co-coordinated the Environment and Society program.
Books & Articles
- Preface: Motivating Change Author, 2013
- Social Marketing to Protect the Environment: What Works Co-Author, 2011
- Fostering Sustainable Behavior: An Introduction to Community-Based Social Marketing (3rd Edition) Author, 2011
- Fostering Sustainable Behavior: Beyond Brochures Author, 2008
- Fostering Sustainable Behavior: An Introduction to Community-Based Social Marketing (2nd Edition) Co-Author, 1999
- Promoting a Sustainable Future: An Introduction to Community-Based Social Marketing (1st Edition) Author, 1996
- Psychology and the Promotion of a Sustainable Future Co-Editor, 1995
- Columbia, South Carolina: Association of Zoos & Aquariums March, 2015
- Hong Kong: International Zoo Educators Association September, 2014
- Honolulu, Hawaii: Hawaii Conservation Conference July, 2013
- Toronto, Ontario: World Social Marketing Conference April, 2013
- Sacramento, California: Behavior Energy and Climate Change Conference November, 2012
- Brisbane, Australia: International Social Marketing Conference June, 2012
- College Park, Maryland: Smart and Sustainable Campuses Conference April, 2012
- Dhaka, Bangladesh: World Social Marketing Forum March, 2012
- London, England: Challenging Behaviours Conference April, 2011